A1 Portables’ ground-level, steel storage containers are an ideal way to keep your belongings safe, secure, and accessible. Our containers—also known as connex boxes, ISO containers, or cargo containers—are available in a wide variety of sizes for use in many different applications.
A1’s containers offer users easy access to their contents, incorporating swing doors on one or both ends, with the options of adding roll-up and side-entry doors as needed. Containers can also include lock boxes for added security, and we can incorporate shelving and climate-control tools upon request. No matter your problem, we can contain it.
If you are interested in purchasing or renting Storage Containers, please fill out the form below.
A1 Portables rents and sells ground-level steel storage containers to help secure and protect your company’s inventory, tools, supplies, and other items. Originally constructed for shipping, they’re constructed to withstand overseas travel with numerous loading and unloading from ships and trucks. Shipping Containers are built with corten steel and heavy plywood floors, intended to support extreme loads. Some of our Containers are available with double doors at each end of the container, allowing easy access to stored items. Shipping Containers are now repurposed, in a second life, as Storage Containers.
Our containers are 8’ wide, with standard lengths of 10’, 20’ and 40 feet, and a standard ceiling height of 8’ 6” . If available, we can supply Hi-Cube boxes, up to 45’ long with a ceiling height of 9’6”, providing additional clearance space when needed.
A1 rents and sells containers. We offer both new (one time use) and used models for sale. Because these containers were built to last, they make great units for equipment storage, modular offices, and other applications.
All storage units were built to ISO standards to ensure that they’re safe and secure, which means that they can withstand heavy use for many years. They are absolutely overbuilt for use in storage.
Applications for Storage Containers
- COMMERCIAL / RETAIL
- EDUCATION / SCHOOLS / DAYCARE CENTERS
- HOME BUILDER
- SPORTS & RECREATION
- TOOL SHED
- SEASONAL INVENTORY
- ADDITIONAL WAREHOUSE STORAGE
- UTILITY BUILDING
- EQUIPMENT STORAGE
- DOCUMENT STORAGE
- EXTRA SUPPLIES
- GARDENING TOOLS
- TACK SHED
- HAY/GRAIN STORAGE
- MOTORCYCLE or ATV STORAGE
Shipping/Storage Container Conversion and Modifications
We can provide the following modifications on storage containers to have them better suit your needs:
- Interior floor: For finished office areas, we can cover your floor commercial floor covering material.
- Interior walls: We can outfit the container with vinyl-covered gypsum walls over R-13 insulation. This provides a comfortable, durable, and attractive finish in our finished office spaces.
- Interior ceiling: We can install white-paneled ceilings in all containers, with matching battens over R-13 insulation.
- Windows: We can install windows in the container, with options including mill finish aluminum frames, sliding windows with insect screens, and windows with welded security bars.
- Electrical: For containers requiring electrical setups, we provide receptacles in offices. We also can equip containers with motion detector light switches, in which the lights come on and stay on while the container is in use, and automatically turn off when you leave. Electrical requirements vary with models.
- HVAC: To maintain optimal internal climate control, we install electric heat and A/C (types of systems and electrical requirements vary with models).
- Lighting: We install fluorescent ceiling lights in containers upon request.
- Other customization options: Other capabilities we possess include installing roll-up storage doors, shelf brackets for storage, and climate-controlled storage. Visit our Modified Storage Container page for more options and ideas.
Ground Level Storage Container Value…
- Competitive Pricing!
- For sale or rent
- Short or long term uses
- New or Used
- Storage where you want it
Storage Container Security…
- Several types of locking systems. Available with Lock-Box or Hockey Puck Style Lock System
- Steel construction
- Safe, secure & lockable
A1 Portables Service…
- On-site storage delivered to you
- HEAVY DUTY containers can be relocated while loaded
- Professionally trained on site staff
- Neutral paint color available
- Local customer service
Ground Level (Connex Box) Storage Container Features…
- Dry & rodent proof
- Wind & water tight
Storage Container Safety…
- Ground Level Entry
- No steps
- Easy access
Containers Available in Several Sizes…
- 5’ x 7’6” x 8’ – ALL STEEL
- 8′ x 7’6″ x 10′ & 15′ – ALL STEEL
- 8’ x 8’6” x 20’ – HEAVY DUTY
- 8’ x 8’6” x 22’ – LITE DUTY
- 8’ x 8’6’ x 40’ – HEAVY DUTY
- 40′ with doors on both ends – HEAVY DUTY
- 40′ with doors on both ends – LITE DUTY
- 8’ x 9’6” x 40’ – HEAVY DUTY
- 8’6” x 9’6” x 48’ – HEAVY DUTY