Mobile Office / Modular Buildings
- What types of mobile offices/modular buildings are there for Kentucky?
- What mobile/modular buildings sizes are available?
- What interior finishes are available for mobile/modular buildings?
- What exterior finishes are available for mobile/modular buildings?
- How are mobile/modular buildings constructed?
- How quickly can a mobile/modular building be expected?
- What site preparation needs to be done prior to the mobile/modular buildings delivery?
- Are mobile/modular buildings built to be handicap accessible?
- How are mobile/modular buildings anchored?
- What are A1 Portable Buildings’ Delivery Procedures & Responsibilities?
- What maintenance of the mobile/modular building is the Lessee responsible for while on lease?
- What are A1 Portable Buildings’ End of Lease and Return Requirements?
- ANSI (Mobile Offices)- built for temporary sites (i.e.: construction sites)
- BOCA (Modular Buildings) – built to Kentucky State building code; used for temporary or permanent applications, other than construction purposes. Different states have different building codes for mobile/modular buildings. If a building is required to be built to that specific state code it will require that states seal and certification number.
- Size is based on both width and length.
- Widths: 8’, 10’, 12’, 14’ and 16’ for singlewide units
- Lengths: As small as 8’ and up to 76’ in length for a single unit
- Doublewide buildings are based on two units from the sizes available for the single units. (i.e..: 24’ x 60’)
- The compilation of multiple units may be used to make a large modular building (i.e..: 80’ x 106’)
- Walls: Vinyl covered gypsum in many colors, wood paneling or drywall that can be custom finished.
- Interior walls and partitions may be placed to suit your needs.
- Floors: Composition tile, vinyl laminates and carpet all available in many colors.
- Many other options are available: Built-in desktops with file cabinets, planning tables, coffee bar/break area, partially finished kitchens, restrooms, recessed lighting and venetian blinds are just a few.
- Ceilings are constructed with a pre-finished stucco gypsum board having a standard height of 8’ but are also available at 9’ high.
- The buildings can be built with either electric baseboard heat / air conditioning units (for smaller units) and central HVAC for larger buildings.
- Aluminum, vinyl, Hardipanel, steel or wood sidings are our standard finishes.
- Standard roof options: Galvanized steel, shingle and EDPM rubber.
- Standard door options: Wood, steel, hollow, solid, with or without glass.
- Standard window options:Horizontal slider, vertical slider, double insulated glass.
- Security screens or bars are also available for windows.
- Additional features to consider:Venetian blinds, storm windows, upgraded insulation, reinforced floor. There are many other options that you may think of, please feel free to discuss any special needs you may have!
Modular units are constructed utilizing assembly line techniques. The frames are constructed with steel main beams and can be provided as outrigger or perimeter chassis. Wood floors are pre-assembled with joists, insulation and sub-flooring, then installed on top of the chassis. Bottom board protects the underside of the unit from moisture and air infiltration. Walls are pre-assembled by the wall department in jigs then installed after any required support columns. Windows and doors are installed. Meanwhile, assembly of the roofing systems is taking place. The finished roofing assembly has the ceiling, rafters, insulation, ductwork and sheathing in place prior to placement on the walls or columns. Overhead cranes are utilized to lift pre-assembled building sections into place. Electrical wiring, plumbing and HVAC are installed prior to roofing and exterior siding. Typical single units are constructed on-line at a rate of 3 to 4 a day, depending on finished, mechanical, electrical and plumbing options, availability and production crews.
Depending on destination, size and current availability, a mobile/modular office can be delivered in as little as one business day. Larger, more complex units take more time.
Depending on the installation, permits may be required. Building permits may be obtained by the Owner and are not included unless specifically quoted. We are happy to assist with obtaining state approvals if needed. In Kentucky you may contact the Department of Housing in Frankfort at (502) 573-0364 for state requirements you may have questions on. Staging areas must be provided on modular buildings and multi-unit complexes to permit temporary storage and erection. We can assist you with set up, delivery and installation of modular units. In addition, existing utilities / plumbing and connection of new utilities / plumbing must be coordinated with the proper authorities. Phone service can typically be connected after installation of the modular units.
All permanent new modular units are typically constructed in accordance with ADA requirements. Field offices on construction sites are not typically ADA compliant. Verify requirements with your local jurisdiction.
Standard portable offices are anchored with augured type earth anchors and hurricane straps. Optional anchoring methods include frame ties with anchors embedded into footing / pier and welding the module frames to steel plates embedded in the foundation piers/ perimeter wall.
- A Mobile Office Damage Waiver is required on all A-1 Portable Buildings, Inc. leased mobile office units. This Damage Waiver relieves Lessee of interior or exterior damage resulting from acts of nature or from the negligent or intentional acts of third parties. This Damage Waiver is specifically limited to damage to the specific item leased pursuant to the Contract and does not in any way extend to any items not owned by Lessor which may be housed or contained in the item leased.
- A1 Portable Buildings, Inc. (A1) is not responsible for local code requirements or building codes.
- The customer is responsible for access to the site and an appropriate cleared area for installation.
- A1 cannot be responsible for ground settling after installation.
- Check HVAC periodically, suggested every four weeks, more frequently if high level of dust. Replace or clean filter as necessary. Damage or need for repair due to a clogged filter will be the responsibility of customer.
- Please keep the building in the condition in which it was delivered.
- Read thoroughly, complete, sign.and submit a PICK UP REQUEST FORM
- Lessee may cancel initial lease after expiration of the stated initial lease period by giving CONFIRMED notice to Lessor at either the Lexington/Louisville Sales office within (14) days prior to actual termination of this agreement.
- Ground must be dry/frozen before pick-up will be made.
- All obstruction removed from all sides & top of the mobile/modular building
- All trash/materials removed and floor has been cleaned/broom swept
- Minimum clean up fee of $100 or $50 per additional hour if required.
- Electric has been disconnected
- Plumbing has been disconnected
- Phone/data lines have been disconnected
- Key(s) have been placed inside unit (Cost for replacing lock is $50 per lock)
- If any unmet criteria prevents driver from removing leased unit from customer’s site, an attempted pick-up fee will be charged to customer’s account. Per the lease agreement, the unit will remain on rent until accessible for pick up.