A1 PORTABLES, purchases our containers through intermodal shipping companies and their agents. We have containers available to immediately be used for shipping, however our primary business is providing additional storage, on our customer’s site, when and where needed.
Intermodal containers, sometimes referred to as shipping containers or conex boxes are in there new life cycle when used for storage. These boxes and extremely strong and secure in that they are made from corrugated 14 gauge steel with 1&1/8” floors with heavy steel doors. Below are descriptions, external and internal sizes.
Ground Level Offices & Container Offices
- What sizes and floor plans of ground level offices does A1 offer?
- How are A-1’s ground level offices constructed?
- How secure are A1’s ground level offices?
- What colors are A1’s ground level offices?
- Are A1’s ground level offices weatherproof?
- Can A1’s ground level offices be relocated while loaded?
- How quickly can a ground level offices be delivered?
- How much space is needed for A1 ground level offices?
- How are A1 ground level offices delivered?
- What site preparation needs to be done prior to delivery of a ground level offices ?
- Can ground level offices be leveled on-site?
- Does A1 offer ground level offices modifications?
- What are A1 Portable Buildings’ Delivery Procedures & Responsibilities?
- What maintenance of the ground level office is the Lessee responsible for while on lease?
- What are A1 Portable Buildings’ End of Lease and Return Requirements?
- What are Typical Container Dimensions?
A-1 Portable Building’s all office and office/storage combo floor plans provide ground level access (no set-up or steps required). They are available in a variety of floor plans. Office space is fully lined & insulated, equipped with electric heat & A/C. These solid & secure workspaces offer a solution to keep the job site safe (reduced risk of injuries by being ground level), secure, organized & efficient. Our “High Security” units have become our most requested job site office!
Standard Sizes & Floor Plan Description
- 8’ x 20’ with 18’ single office
- 8’ x 20’ combo with 10′ office & 10′ storage
- 8’ x 40’ with 8′ x 10′ office on each end and 8′ x 20′ center conference room
- 8’ x 40’ with 8′ x 10′ office, 8′ x 16′ office & 8′ x 14′ storage
- 8’ x 40’ combo with 8′ x 16′ office & 8′ x 24′ storage
EXTERIOR WALLS & CEILING:14 gauge corrugated steel storage container for superior security & durability.
INTERIOR FLOOR (in finished office areas): stainless steel tread plate flooring (.063″). Excellent at resisting moisture and strong for its light-weight. Diamond Tread pattern is slip-resistant and cosmetically appealing.
INTERIOR WALLS (in finished office areas): Vinyl covered gypsum (VCG) over R-13 insulation and metal studs provides a comfortable, durable and attractive finish in our finished office spaces.
INTERIOR CEILING (in finished office areas): white paneled ceiling with matching battens over R-13 insulation.
INTERIOR FURNITURE: available with desk top, 2 drawer file cabinet and plan table.
EXTERIOR DOOR: Single personnel door constructed of a hollow metal frame, insulated hollow metal door, dead-bolt with security latch and welded security bar for added security (available with lock box).
WINDOWS: Mill finish aluminum frame, sliding windows with insect screens and welded security bars
ELECTRICAL (in finished office areas): Receptacles are provided in offices, most offices are equipped with motion detector light switches (lights come on & stay on while you are there & turn off when you leave). Electrical requirements vary with models.
HVAC: Electric heat and A/C (types of systems and electrical requirements vary with models).
LIGHTING: Equipped with fluorescent ceiling lights.
CUSTOM OPTIONS: roll-up storage doors, shelf brackets for storage, climate controlled storage, various types of exterior/interior doors, walk through door between office and storage combo, visit our MODIFIED STORAGE CONTAINER page for more options and ideas.
All of A-1’s ground level offices are very secure. We are happy to discuss your needs to help you find the best solution to meet your application. Each of our ground level offices offer different types of security. We are constantly looking for new and improved ways to make ground level offices more secure!
- Units with storage are equipped with 14 gauge steel double doors and a fully welded “Lock Box”. The “Lock Box” provides a secure place for your lock to be hidden inside it and will prevent tampering to your container and its contents. In addition each door has two handles with hasps that allow you place additional locks. A secure way to ensure that your materials, merchandise or supplies will be there when you need them. Requires use a “Pad Lock” style lock.
- Exterior steel single personnel doors are equipped with a dead-bolt with security latch and welded security bar for added security (available with lock box).
- Windows are equipped welded security bars.
A-1’s ground level offices and storage containers are painted standard neutral colors (gray, off-white) and also can be red, green, blue or yellow. Please request a neutral color if you are needing it to blend in with surroundings. If you’re purchasing a unit and require a specific color to match your building or company colors, please let us know.
A-1 strives to maintain and check to see that all of our containers and offices are wind/water proof tight prior to delivery. A-1 cannot guarantee against leakage or build-up of condensation on the ceiling of any of our storage containers, commonly referred to as “sweating”. Temperature variations and moisture already in your stored items (i.e.: wood furniture) can cause “sweating” to occur.
Yes – our Heavy Duty containers can be relocated while loaded with our loaded container handling system called the “Swing Thru”. For more information please see our Loaded Container Handling System page.
A-1 offers centrally located branches in Lexington and Louisville, KY allowing delivery as quickly as 24-72 hours, based on inventory availability or if you’re having modifications done. If you need something sooner, same day delivery may be available. Call us today – 1-866-488-2699!
Space needed will vary based on the size of ground level office container you have ordered and the type of truck the container is being delivered with. Please discuss with us your office/storage needs and where you want the office/container placed so that we can schedule the right truck and storage solution to meet your needs. Visit our GROUND LEVEL STORAGE CONTAINER DELIVERY OPTIONS page to learn more about delivery options.
The size of ground level office container and location for delivery will help determine how your office/container is delivered. Please discuss with us your office/storage needs and where you want the container placed so that we can schedule the right truck and storage solution to meet your needs. Visit our GROUND LEVEL STORAGE CONTAINER DELIVERY OPTIONS page to learn more about delivery options.
We deliver on concrete, paving, asphalt, gravel, grass, firm-packed dirt. To deliver your portable storage container, all we need are the directions-and a reasonably level, firm, smooth surface.Please keep the building in the condition in which it was delivered.
NOTE: Delivery on soft ground or wet ground can cause the container to shift once loaded and possibly make the doors to become difficult to open and close. It will cause removal of container to be difficult and possibly be delayed. See What are A-1 Portable Buildings’ End of Lease and Return Requirements?
Yes. A-1 can modify a storage container to meet your needs. We have several buildings in stock and are happy to discuss your custom needs with you. Please visit our Modified/Converted Storage Container page.
- A1 Portable Buildings, Inc. (A1) is not responsible for local code requirements or building codes.
- The customer is responsible for access to the site and an appropriate cleared area for delivery.
- A1 cannot be responsible for ground settling after deliver
- Any damages or need for repair other than normal wear and tear will be the responsibility of customer.
- Please keep the building in the condition in which it was delivered.
- Read thoroughly, complete, sign.and submit a PICK UP REQUEST FORM
- Lessee may cancel initial lease after expiration of the stated initial lease period by giving CONFIRMED notice to Lessor at either the Lexington/Louisville Sales office within (14) days prior to actual termination of this agreement.
- Ground must be dry/frozen before pick-up will be made.
- All obstruction removed from all sides & top of the mobile/modular building
- All trash/materials removed and floor has been cleaned/broom swept
- Minimum clean up fee of $100 or $50 per additional hour if required.
- Electric has been disconnected
- Plumbing has been disconnected
- Phone/data lines have been disconnected
- Key(s) have been placed inside unit (Cost for replacing lock is $50 per lock)
- If any unmet criteria prevents driver from removing leased unit from customer’s site, an attempted pick-up fee will be charged to customer’s account. Per the lease agreement, the unit will remain on rent until accessible for pick up.
Typical ISO (International Standards Organization) shipping containers are manufactured with identical size specification in terms of exterior height, exterior width, and exterior length. The standardization of containers and the adoption of the ISO specification is to insure that all equipment handlers, chassis, rail cars, and slot spaces on vessels will accommodate ALL containers. This makes our job much easier, because we can confidently give you exact exterior specifications. Interior specifications can be slightly different, less then 1″ variation. These ISO containers are now available in all major metropolitan areas throughout the nation. Shipping containers as storage units have changed the storage industry, most people prefer the convenience of mobile storage vs. standard mini storage. Container Solutions has formed a network of small businesses that are familiar with your needs. This guide is designed to help you become informed about container uses, common questions and problems.